Wondering about the main cause of bed bugs? The thought that you might be sharing your bed with bugs may be keeping you up at night. These nasty little pests love to be near a warm-blooded body. For some reason, the little buggers especially prefer to be near humans, although researchers are not exactly sure why that is.
Bed Bugs Nestle Close to Humans
It’s gross to think about, but bed bugs really like to feed on humans. Your bed or furniture near your bed is a perfect place for bed bugs to lay in wait. Basically, they’re looking for a human host inactive long enough for them to pounce, so getting to you while you’re sleeping is the perfect opportunity.
Bed bugs will take advantage of other opportunities when you are sitting still, like napping in your recliner, watching television on your couch at home, or enjoying a movie in a theater. They can even be in cabs, so if you have a long cab ride, you might just become a bed bug’s morning latte!
Bed bugs are nature’s little hitchhikers. Hotels have a real problem controlling them because they come in on all those suitcases.
Signs You Might Have Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are very small and nocturnal and therefore hard to see. Here are five signs you might have bed bugs:
- Bed bug feces: They leave a blackish trail of specs on your mattress or sheets. Look in mattress seams, as they like to congregate there.
- Bed bug stains: As you toss and turn at night, you might be killing bed bugs. If you notice little red stains on your sheets, it is likely blood from the bed bugs.
- Bed bug eggs: Bed bugs molt and leave behind their hard shell exoskeleton. If you see these casings, you have bed bugs!
- Sweet aroma: Amazingly, if you crush a bed bug, they emit an aroma like sweet berries. So if you haven’t been in bed drinking champagne with strawberries, that fruity smell might be a bed bug.
- Bites: Bed bugs do bite, so if you notice suspicious welts in a straight line, you have probably been lunch for a bed bug. The bites look similar to a flea or mosquito bite.
How to Control Those Little Biters
Bed bug infestation can quickly get out of hand, so a professional treatment to stop them where they hide and breed is best. We’ll kill the pests and remove their eggs too so they don’t come back.
Expect Exceptional Service
Wondering about the main cause of bed bugs? Worry no more! By adding pest control to our lineup of great services, we here at Think Green are ready to solve your bed bug issue ASAP. We are all about the well-being of our fellow Georgia residents, and that means we’re ready to tackle any pest problem you might have, including those nasty bed bugs. We’ll attack them with the proper tools and treatments, and help you get your home back to normal.
Don’t sleep with bed bugs. Look to Think Green for the pest control you need in Alpharetta, Cumming and Suwanee, Georgia. Call (844) 648-2556 to learn more about our range of pest control services.